Amanda M. Sheehan, DDS
Waterford dentist Dr. Amanda M. Sheehan believes there’s nothing more rewarding than helping others and giving them the confidence to smile again. By working from the patient’s perspective, Dr. Sheehan provides nothing but the best possible care for members of her community.
Dr. Sheehan will continue to go the extra mile to ensure each patient feels comfortable and at home, here at Oakland Family Dental. She continues to learn about new technology and techniques to make your experience enjoyable and worry-free.
History of Pursuing Excellence
Dr. Sheehan has become known for her relentless dedication to remaining on the cutting edge of dental care practices. A member of all five major dental associations, Dr. Sheehan continuously strives to be completely up to date on new developments in dentistry.
From achievements like winning the Excellence in Clinical Dentistry award to graduating Summa Cum Laude at Franklin Pierce University, and receiving her Doctorate from the Dental School at The State University of New York at Buffalo, Dr. Sheehan has a history of pursuing excellence in all endeavors.
Dr. Sheehan has been recognized as a Top Dentist by Hour Detroit for 2 years in a row, both 2021 and 2022!
Specialized Training in Dental Implants & Prosthetics
Taking a special interest in dental implants and prosthetics, Dr. Sheehan has undergone significant specialized training in those areas. Dr. Sheehan’s graduation from Implant Dentistry Continuum demonstrates her deep knowledge of the various implant procedures, and her expertise in the field of dental implants is highly regarded in the dental community.
Dr. Sheehan’s dedication, enthusiasm, and valuable experience have allowed her to earn the following distinctions:
- American Dental Association
- Michigan Dental Association
- The American Academy of Oral Medicine
- The Oral Cancer Foundation
- International Academy of Facial Aesthetics
- American Academy of Clear Aligners
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- MISCH Implant Institute
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- Academy of General Dentistry
Academy of General Dentistry, which has only been achieved by less than 2% of all general dentists across the US and Canada.
In order to earn AGD Mastership, Dr. Sheehan had completed over 1,1000 hours of continued education, 400 hours from participation courses in specific disciplines.
Watch Dr. Sheehan in the News
Dr. Sheehan has also been on CBS health show discussing comprehensive dental care, restoring broken and missing teeth with sedation, dental implants, smile makeovers, veneers, and cosmetic dentistry. Additionally, she has also been featured on NBC, NBC 25, Facts to Detroit, Fox 66, CBS, Fox News, WJR radio.
No More Loose Dentures, dental implants can give you the ability to smile and eat the foods you want again.
Come Visit Oakland Family Dental
Dr. Sheehan is one of the few general dentists in the US and Canada that has achieved an Academy of General Dentistry Mastership. She has completed considerable hours of continued education and years of valuable experience in general and cosmetic dentistry.
From Invisalign to dental implants, Dr. Sheehan is dedicated to helping patients improve and maintain their oral health. Give us a call at (248) 674-0384 to schedule your consultation today.
Frequently Asked Questions
From routine dental check-ups to natural-looking dental implants, Oakland Family Dental has a procedure that is effective and trustworthy enough for you and the entire family. Dr. Sheehan provides exceptional family, cosmetic, and emergency dentistry services, as well as dental implants and sleep apnea treatment. Together, we’ll closely work with each patient to improve the health, longevity, and beauty of your gums and smile.
It’s crucial that you trust your dentist and feel confident in the treatment you receive. Here are 5 helpful tips for choosing the best implant dentist:
- Check their qualifications. Your dentist should be certified by the American Dental Association (ADA) and actively pursue continuing education to remain at the forefront of their field.
- Make sure your insurance plan is accepted.
- Get recommendations from friends, family, and doctors you trust.
- For your convenience as well as peace of mind, choose a dentist who is located near you. Dental implants require multiple appointments over the course of several months, so you don’t want to stray too far from your home.
- Make sure you feel comfortable with not only your prospective dentist, but with the entire practice. Visit the office and talk with other staff members to ensure you always receive the compassionate care you expect.
If you’re looking for an implant dentist, it’s a good idea to interview them so you can be sure all of your needs will be met. Questions you should ask include:
- How long have you been practicing?
- How many implants have you placed?
- Where did you study?
- Do you hold any advanced certifications?
- What professional associations are you a member of?
- Have you received any awards or honors?
- Can you show me patient reviews and before-and-after photos?