Treating Cracked or Damaged Teeth Quickly
At Oakland Family Dental, the health, and beauty of your smile matter to us. If your teeth are cracked, chipped, or misshapen, they may be more susceptible to decay and severe future damage. To treat these injuries and imperfections we offer dental bonding, a quick and painless procedure designed to restore your healthy smile.
Whether your teeth are broken or if you just want to smile with confidence, Dr. Sheehan will assess your specific needs and make a plan that is perfect for your condition.
What is Dental Bonding?
Dental bonding is a non-invasive procedure in which a tooth-colored resin material is applied and bonded to the teeth to fill in any cracks or eliminate minor imperfections in your smile. While the dental bonding process has the advantage of being quick, painless, and relatively easy, this treatment may not provide the right coverage for all patients.
The best candidates for dental bonding are patients with:
- Chipped teeth
- Cracked teeth
- Minor gaps between teeth
- Crooked teeth
Advantages of Dental Bonding
Dental bonding is usually compared with cosmetic dentistry options such as porcelain veneers or Lumineers because they all are designed as solutions to damaged teeth. However, there are some additional benefits to dental bonding. These include:
- Inexpensive Treatment: Compared to veneers or Lumineers, dental bonding is an inexpensive alternative that offers a natural-looking restoration.
- Quick Procedure: Composite bonding can be completed in just one appointment at Oakland Family Dental.
- High Success Rate: Dental bonding doesn’t require changes to be made to the natural tooth, protecting and reinforcing the overall health of the tooth.
- Color-customized: Since the resin is mixed to match the color of your teeth, bonding is an excellent, minimally invasive way to restore your smile to its natural look and blend in with your tooth seamlessly.
- Versatile Restoration: Unlike other treatment options, bonding can be used to address a number of dental issues ranging from minor chips and cracks to filling gaps between teeth.
Dental Bonding Process
Dental bonding is a quick and simple procedure that can repair structural damage to the teeth. During this cosmetic treatment, our Waterford dentist attaches composite resin to specific areas of the tooth that are damaged, worn, or misshapen. Dr. Sheehan then uses specialized ultraviolet light to harden the resin. By the end of treatment, patients leave Oakland Family Dental with a healthy, fully restored tooth that looks and feels natural.
An additional benefit of dental bonding is that there isn’t any downtime or specific post-op instructions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Depending on your oral hygiene habits, bonding material can last anywhere between three to ten years before it may need to be replaced or touched up. Scheduling bi-annual visits with Dr. Sheehan combined with daily brushing, flossing, and rinsing after meals can preserve the integrity of your dental bond.
A dental bond might not always feel natural to you right away. If the bonding isn’t comfortable or if you have any issues, schedule another appointment with Dr. Sheehan to correct any problems and ensure you leave with a full and healthy smile.
Let Dr. Sheehan Handle Your Dental Bonding!
Don’t settle for a life of damaged teeth when help is so readily available. Dr. Sheehan has successfully used dental bonding to restore the smiles of many patients throughout Waterford Township. Give us a call at (248) 609-3735 to schedule an appointment and see how dental bonding can restore your smile.